It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Daily Prayer, Saturday, April 13, 2013

To you, O Lord, I cried,
  and to the Lord I made supplication.

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 67
Let God grant us grace and bless us;
let God make his face shine on us, Selah
so that your way becomes known on earth,
so that your salvation becomes known
   among all the nations.
Let the people thank you, God!
Let all the people thank you!
Let the people celebrate
and shout with joy
because you judge the nations fairly
and guide all nations on the earth. Selah
Let the people thank you, God!
Let all the people thank you!
The earth has yielded its harvest.
God blesses us—our God blesses us!
Let God continue to bless us;
let the far ends of the earth honor him.
[Common English Bible]

Psalm 141, 146

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 30
I exalt you, LORD, because you pulled me up; you didn’t let my enemies celebrate over me. 2 LORD, my God, I cried out to you for help, and you healed me. 3 LORD, you brought me [z] up from the grave, [a] brought me back to life from among those going down to the pit. 4 You who are faithful to the LORD , sing praises to him; give thanks to his holy name! 5 His anger lasts for only a second, but his favor lasts a lifetime. Weeping may stay all night, but by morning, joy! 6 When I was comfortable, I said, “ I will never stumble. ” 7 Because it pleased you, LORD, you made me a strong mountain. But then you hid your presence. I was terrified. 8 I cried out to you, LORD. I begged my Lord for mercy: 9 “ What is to be gained by my spilled blood, by my going down into the pit? Does dust thank you? Does it proclaim your faithfulness? 10 LORD, listen and have mercy on me! LORD, be my helper! ” 11 You changed my mourning into dancing. You took off my funeral clothes and dressed me up in joy 12 so that my whole being might sing praises to you and never stop. LORD, my God, I will give thanks to you forever.
_________________________________________________ z Or my soul a Heb Sheol
[Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: Choose a prayer from Joan Stott's website Timeless Psalms.
Evening
Psalm 140, 142 143

No comments: