It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hear, O Lord, and be gracious to me!
O Lord, be my helper.

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 100
Shout triumphantly to the LORD , all the earth!
2 Serve the LORD with celebration!
Come before him with shouts of joy!
3 Know that the LORD is God—
he made us; we belong to him.
We are his people,
the sheep of his own pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanks;
enter his courtyards with praise!
Thank him! Bless his name!
5 Because the LORD is good,
his loyal love lasts forever;
his faithfulness lasts generation after generation.
[Common English Bible]

Psalm 120, 121, 122, 123, 124


Daily Lectionary Reading, John 21:12-19
12 Jesus said to them, “ Come and have breakfast. ” None of the disciples could bring themselves to ask him, “ Who are you? ” They knew it was the Lord. 13 Jesus came, took the bread, and gave it to them. He did the same with the fish. 14 This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.

15 When they finished eating, Jesus asked Simon Peter, “ Simon son of John, do you love me more than these? ” Simon replied, “ Yes, Lord, you know I love you. ” Jesus said to him, “ Feed my lambs. ” 16 Jesus asked a second time, “ Simon son of John, do you love me? ” Simon replied, “ Yes, Lord, you know I love you. ” Jesus said to him, “ Take care of my sheep. ” 17 He asked a third time, “ Simon son of John, do you love me? ” Peter was sad that Jesus asked him a third time, “ Do you love me? ” He replied, “ Lord, you know everything; you know I love you. ” Jesus said to him, “ Feed my sheep. 18 I assure you that when you were younger you tied your own belt and walked around wherever you wanted. When you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and another will tie your belt and lead you where you don’t want to go. ” 19 He said this to show the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. After saying this, Jesus said to Peter, “ Follow me. ” [Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: O Lord, help us to respond to your love of us by sharing that love with others. Open our eyes to see those who need to be fed, those who need food both literal and spiritual. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:153-160

Evening
Psalm 130

No comments: