It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Daily Prayer, Thursday, April 11, 2013


You have turned my mourning into dancing;
you have taken off my sackcloth
and clothed me with joy,
   so that my soul may praise you and not be silent.
O Lord, my God, I will give thanks to you forever.

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 150
Praise the LORD!
Praise God in his sanctuary!
Praise God in his fortress, the sky!
2 Praise God in his mighty acts!
Praise God as suits his incredible greatness!
3 Praise God with the blast of the ram’s horn!
Praise God with lute and lyre!
4 Praise God with drum and dance!
Praise God with strings and pipe!
5 Praise God with loud cymbals!
Praise God with clashing cymbals!
6 Let every living thing praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD!
[Common English Bible]

Psalm 125, 126, 127, 128, 129

Daily Lectionary Reading, Acts 9:1-6
Meanwhile, Saul was still spewing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest, 2 seeking letters to the synagogues in Damascus. If he found persons who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, these letters would authorize him to take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3 During the journey, as he approached Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven encircled him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice asking him, “ Saul, Saul, why are you harassing me? ” 5 Saul asked, “ Who are you, Lord? ” “ I am Jesus, whom you are harassing, ” came the reply. 6 “ Now get up and enter the city. You will be told what you must do. ” [Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: Lord, help us to discern who is speaking your word, who is living out your commands. And help us to examine our own words and actions to ensure that they are pleasing to you. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:161-168
  

Evening
Psalm 135, 136

No comments: