It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, April 30, 2013


Let the peoples praise you, O God;
let all the peoples praise you.


Morning
Invitatory Psalm 84
How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts!
My soul longs, indeed it faints for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.

Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow for herself
where she may lay her you, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my Ruler and my God.
Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise.

Psalm 65, 66, 70

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 14:27-29
27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I give to you not as the world gives. Don’t be troubled or afraid. 28 You have heard me tell you, ‘I’m going away and returning to you.’ If you loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than me. 29 I have told you before it happens so that when it happens you will believe. [Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: O Lord, we ask that you continue to give us peace, that you continue to return to us, that you continue to love us.  Amen.

Lectio Divina 
John 14:29;
Psalm 67:7

Midday Psalm 119:97-104

Evening
Psalms 102, 103

No comments: