It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Daily Prayer, Monday, September 16, 2013

Praise the Lord! Praise, O servants of the Lord; praise the name of theLord
(Psalm 113:1

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord:
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
We come into your presence with thanksgiving;
we make a joyful noise to you with songs of praise.
You, Lord, are a great God.

Psalms 57, 61, 64

Daily Lectionary Reading, Luke 16:1-7
Jesus also said to the disciples, “A certain rich man heard that his household manager was wasting his estate. 2 He called the manager in and said to him, ‘What is this I hear about you? Give me a report of your administration because you can no longer serve as my manager.’ 3 “The household manager said to himself, What will I do now that my master is firing me as his manager? I’m not strong enough to dig and too proud to beg. 4 I know what I’ll do so that, when I am removed from my management position, people will welcome me into their houses. 5 “One by one, the manager sent for each person who owed his master money. He said to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’ 6 He said, ‘Nine hundred gallons of olive oil.’ The manager said to him, ‘Take your contract, sit down quickly, and write four hundred fifty gallons.’ 7 Then the manager said to another, ‘How much do you owe?’ He said, ‘One thousand bushels of wheat.’ He said, ‘Take your contract and write eight hundred.’
[Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: Lord, help us to live up to our daily responsibilities and in all things to behave responsibly and honestly. Help us to treat those who depend on us with enough civility that they can be honest with us. Help us to remember that whether we are the bosses or the subordinates, the creditors or the debtors that you are our Lord, to you we should direct our behavior. Amen

Midday Psalm 119:89-96

Evening
Psalms 87, 88, 91

No comments: