It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, September 11, 2013

You desire truth in the inward being;
therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart (Psalm 51:6)


Morning
Invitatory Psalm 100

Psalm 37

Daily Lectionary Reading: Psalm 51:1-7
Have mercy on me, God, according to your faithful love! Wipe away my wrongdoings according to your great compassion! 2 Wash me completely clean of my guilt; purify me from my sin! 3 Because I know my wrongdoings, my sin is always right in front of me. 4 I’ve sinned against you—you alone. I’ve committed evil in your sight. That’s why you are justified when you render your verdict, completely correct when you issue your judgment. 5 Yes, I was born in guilt, in sin, from the moment my mother conceived me. 6 And yes, you want truth in the most hidden places; you teach me wisdom in the most secret space. [r] 7 Purify me with hyssop and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow.
_________________________________________________ r Heb uncertain

Prayer for Today: Psalm 51 is read on Ash Wednesday, but also is appropriate for us on other days. Choose a prayer from Joan Stott's website Timeless Psalms
[Common English Bible]

Midday Psalm 119:57-67

Evening
Psalms 63, 68

No comments: