It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Daily Prayer, Thursday, October 17, 2013

How sweet are your words to my taste,
   sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Psalm 119:103)


Morning

Invitatory Psalm 150

Psalms 71, 72

Daily Lectionary Reading, Jeremiah 31:27-30
27 The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will plant seeds in Israel and Judah, and both people and animals will spring up. 28 Just as I watched over them to dig up and pull down, to overthrow, destroy, and bring harm, so I will watch over them to build and plant, declares the Lord. 29 In those days, people will no longer say: Sour grapes eaten by parents leave a bitter taste in the mouths of their children. 30 Because everyone will die for their own sins: whoever eats sour grapes will have a bitter taste in their own mouths.
[Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: Lord, you have been with through our hard times and through our tough ones. You have watched us accomplish good things and engage in things that we should have avoided. Forgive us now for our sins and guide us into right ways. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:113-120
I hate the double-minded,
   but I love your law.
You are my hiding place and my shield;
   I hope in your word,
Go away from me, you evildoers,
   that I may keep the commandments
   of my God.
Uphold me according to your promise,
   that I may live,
and let me not be put to shame in my hope.
Hold me up, that I may be safe
   and have regard for your statutes continually.
You spurn all who go astray from from your statutes;
   for their cunning is in vain.
All the wicked of the earth you count as dross;
   therefore I love your decrees.
My flesh trembles for fear of you,
   and I am afraid of your judgments.

Evening
Psalm 105

No comments: