It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, March 18, 2011

Morning
O Lord, you are merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

You do not deal with us according to our sins,
nor requite us according to our iniquities.

What shall I render to you, Lord, for all your bounty to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on your name.

(adapted from UMBOW 331).


Invitatory Psalm 118
....
You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;
you are my God, and I will extol you
....

O Lord, I give thanks to you, for you are good,
for your steadfast love endures forever.

Psalms 76, 80

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 121

Lectio Divina
I lift up my eyes to the hills--from where will my help come? (Psalm 121:1)

The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade at your right hand
(Psalm 121:5).

Prayer for today:
O merciful God, in compassion for your sinful children
you sent your Son Jesus Christ to be the Savior of the world.
Grant us grace to feel and lament our share of the evil
that made it necessary for him to suffer and die for our salvation.
Help us by self-denial, prayer, and meditation
to prepare our hearts for deeper penitence and a better life.
And give us a true longing to be free from sin,
through the deliverance won by Jesus Christ our Redeemer. Amen

(from UMBOW 336)

Midday Psalm 119:113-120

Evening
Psalm 105

No comments: