It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daily prayer, Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 84
How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord of hosts!
My soul longs, indeed it faints
for your courts;
my heart and my flesh sing for joy to you,
the living God.
....
O Lord of hosts,
happy is everyone who trusts in you.

Psalms 9, 10

Daily Lectionary Reading, Exodus 24:12-15

Lectio Divina
The Lord said to Moses, "Come up to me on the mountain, and wait there; and I will give you the tablets of stone, with the law and the commandment, which I have written for their instruction." (Exodus 24:12)

"I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill" (Psalm 2:6).

Prayer on the way up the mountain:
Lead us to your mountain and teach us to wait. Lead us up your mountain, and on our journey when the destination is not clear teach us also to walk in faith and in trust. Lead us to your mountain even if it means going through the haze, clouds and darkness to experience your power (from Prayers of the People, Richard Einerson, AuthorHouse.)



Midday Psalm 119:9-16

Evening
Psalms 11, 14, 15, 16

No comments: