It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, March 7, 2011

Morning

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love.

Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
....
O come, let us worship and bow down,
let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
....

Psalm 34
I sought the Lord, who answered me,
and delivered me from all my fears.


Daily Lectionary Reading, Matthew 6:1-6, 16-21

Lectio Divina
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21).

Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me (Psalms 51:8-10).


Prayer for Today:
Almighty and merciful God, who desires not the death of a sinner but that we turn from wickedness and live, accept our repentance, forgive our sins, and restore us by the Holy Spirit to newness of life. Amen. (from UMBOW 323).

Midday Psalm 119:41-48

Evening
Psalms 46, 48, 49

No comments: