It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, March 4, 2011

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 118
O Lord, we give thanks to you, for you are good;
your steadfast love endures forever!
....
When I called to you out of my distress,
you answered me.
When you are by my side to help me,
I do not fear.
....
I thank you that you have answered me
and have become my salvation.
....
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalms 23, 25

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 2:8-12

Lectio Divina
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession (Psalm 2:8).

Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth (Psalm 2:10).

Lead us to your mountain where me might have a vision of the world remade where all your children have the opportunity to have adequate food and nourishment; where all your children have the gift of literacy and the access to books; where all your children have the joy of meaningful work. (from Prayers of the People, Richard Einerson)

Midday Psalm 119:33-40

Evening
Psalms 30, 31

No comments: