It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Daily Prayer, Saturday, March 12, 2011

Morning
Let all who are faithful offer prayer to you....
You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with glad cries of deliverance...

Invitatory Psalm 67
O God, be gracious to us and bless us and make your face to shine upon ys, that your way may be known upon earth, your saving power among all nations....

Read Psalms 50, 51

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 32

Lectio Divina
Then I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not hide my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Therefore let all who are faithful offer prayer to you; at a time of distress, the rush of mighty waters shall not reach them (Psalm 32:5-6).

Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart (Psalm 32:11).

O gracious God, your steadfast love surrounds and supports us. Release us from our sins. Deliver us from our fears. Amen.

Evening
Read Psalms 75, 77

No comments: