It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Daily prayer, Thursday, March 3

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
We enter your sanctuary in praise.
We praise you for your mighty deeds;
We praise you for your exceeding greatness.
We praise you with music and song and dance.
Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!

Psalms 19, 20, 21

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 2:11-7

Lectio Divina
He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord has them in derision (Psalm 2:4).

I will tell of the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have begotten you (Psalm 2:7)

O Lord, lead us to your mountain to find new truth and the truth of your law. Lead us to your mountain where we might have a vision of peace among all your warlike children. Lead us to your mountain where we might have a vision of a world remade where all your children know justice. Amen (from Prayers of the People, Richard Einerson.)



Midday Psalm 119:25-32

Evening
Psalms 22, 28

No comments: