It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Morning

Jesus said to him, "You have seen him, and the one speaking with you is he."


Invitatory Psalm 63
O God, you are my God, I seek you,
my soul thirst for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where no water is.
....
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands and call on your name.

Read and reflect on Psalms 9, 10

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 9:13-23

Lectio Divina
Some of the Pharisees said, "This man is not from God, for he does not observe the sabbath." But others said, "How can a man who is a sinner perform such signs?" And they were divided (John 9:16).

He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters (Psalm 23:2).

Prayer for today:
O God, who dost forgive our iniquities and heal our diseases, we cry unto thee.
....
In thy good keeping, all is well. Into thy hands we commend our bodies and our spirits. Do with us as thou wilt. Amen.
(taken from the prayer, In Time of Illness, UMH 460)


Midday Psalm 119:9-16

Evening
Psalms 11, 14, 15, 16

No comments: