It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Daily Prayer, Sunday, May 15, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 24
The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof,
the world and those who dwell therein....

O Lord, clean our hands, purify our hearts. Instill in us the wisdom and ability to give up the false. Bless us, vindicate us, as we seek your face. Amen.

Psalms 90, 92, 93

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Peter 2:22-25

Lectio Divina:
When he was abused, he did not return abuse; when he suffered, he did not threaten; but he entrusted himself to the one who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed (1 Peter 2:23-24)

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long (Psalm 23:6).

Prayer for Today:
We thank you for all those venturous folk who so long ago encountered Jesus and risked their all. We thank you that they did not devalue their potential in spite of their fears. We thank you that they saw hope in community and were willing to sacrifice for one another. We pray that we might have their king of courage and trust. Amen. (excerpt from Prayers of the People, Richard J. Einerson, Authorhouse.



Evening
Psalms 108, 109

3 comments:

free prayer line said...

I found this article very helpful to me ...thanks for such a good work

free prayer conference line said...

I just found your web site for the first time and I think it is marvelous — an extremely valuable, well written and well presented. I learned a lot. I just added you to my favorites and will be back.

free prayer conference line said...

I just found your web site for the first time and I think it is marvelous — an extremely valuable, well written and well presented. I learned a lot. I just added you to my favorites and will be back.