It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, February 25, 2011

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 118
O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his steadfast love endures forever!
....
Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
With the Lord on my side I do not fear.
What can mortals do to me?
....

Psalms 131, 132, 133

Daily Lectionary Reading, Isaiah 49:13-16a

Lectio Divina
But Zion said, "The Lord has forsaken me, my Lord has forgotten me." Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you (Isaiah 49:14-15).

O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time on and forevermore (Psalm 131:3).

O Lord, in those times that we despair, remind us that we are yours. Rekindle our hope. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:169-176

Evening
Psalms 137, 138, 139

No comments: