It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 63
O God, you are my God, I seek you,
my thirsts for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
....

Psalms 97, 98, 99, 101

Daily Lectionary Reading, Matthew 6:27-31

Lectio Divina
And yet can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? (Matthew 6:27)

I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me (Psalm 131:1b).

O Lord, help me focus on you and the gifts you have provided. Direct my attention away from the unimportant. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:137-152

Evening
Psalms 115, 116, 117

No comments: