It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Daily Prayer, Saturday, February 5, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 67
....
Light up your face so we can see it--Selah
to make your path known to the earth;
your saving power to all the nations.
....
(from The Complete Psalms, Pamela Greenberg)

Psalms 26, 27, 29

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Corinthians 2:1-12

Lectio Divina
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I came to you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling. My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom but on the power of God (1 Corinthians 2:2-5).

For the righteous will never be moved; they will be remembered forever (Psalm 112:6).

Evening
Psalms 35:1-3, 9-28; 38

No comments: