It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Daily Prayer, Thursday, February 24, 2011

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty firmament!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his surpassing greatness!
....

Psalms 125, 126, 127, 128, 129

Daily Lectionary Reading, Isaiah 49:8-12

Lectio Divina
Thus says the Lord: In a time of favor I have answered you, on a day of salvation I have helped you; I have kept you and given you as a covenant to the people, to establish the land, to apportion the desolate heritages; saying to the prisoners, "Come out," to those who are in darkness, "Show yourselves..." (Isaiah 49:8-9a).

For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken (Psalm 62:5-6).

The Lord is Sovereign; let the people tremble in awe.
God is enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth shake.
The Lord is great in Zion, and is high above all peoples.
Proclaim the greatness of the Lord our God,
and worship Yahweh upon the holy mountain (UMBOW 318)
.
Midday Psalm 119:161-168

Evening
Psalms 135, 136

No comments: