It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Daily Prayer, Saturday, February 26, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 67
May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face to shine upon us,
that your way be known upon earth....

Psalms 141, 146

Daily Lectionary Reading Psalm 131

Lectio Divina
O Lord, my heart is not lifted, my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me (Psalm 131:1).

O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time on and forevermore (Psalm 131:3).

Prayer for today:
O Lord God, your chosen dwelling is the heart of the lowly.
We give you thanks that you revealed yourself in the holy child Jesus,
thereby sanctifying all childhood in him.
Make us humble in faith and love, that we may know the joy of the gospel
hidden from the wise and prudent and revealed unto babes.
This we ask in the name of the one, who, wearing our mortal flesh,
grew in wisdom and in favor with God and all people,
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
(UMBOW 313).



Evening
Psalm 140, 142, 143

No comments: