It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Daily Prayer, Sunday, February 20, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 24
The earth is the Lord's and all that is in it,
the world, and those who live in it;
for he has founded it on the seas,
and established it on the rivers,
....

Psalms 90, 92, 93

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Corinthians 3:10-11, 16-23

Lectio Divina
Do not deceive yourselves. If you think that you are wise in this age, you should become fools so that you may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.... (1 Corinthians 3:18-19a)

See, I have longed for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life (Psalm 119:40).

Prayer: I give you thanks for all those who have preceded me, prepared a way for me, supported me on my own journey, and who continue to help me every day. And I give my thanks to you, O Lord, for being the origin of all that I have accomplished and can accomplish. Help me to remember that I can not do what you need me to to do without your continuing, continuous help. Amen.

Evening
Psalms 108, 109

1 comment:

pulpit calls said...

Informative sites. nice site I am satisfy with content and information thanks for sharing...