It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 63
O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where no water is.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as log as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on your name.
....

Psalm 36

Daily Lectionary Reading, Matthew 5:25-30

Lectio Divina
You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart (Matthew 5:27-28).

Happy are those who keep his decrees, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways (Psalm 119:2).

Midday Psalm 119:49-56

Evening
Psalm 55, 59, 60

No comments: