It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 63
....
My soul is satisfied as with a rich feast,
and my mouth praises you with joyful lips
....
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
....

Psalms 65, 66, 70

Daily Lectionary Reading, Matthew 5:43-48

Lectio Divina
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its saltiness, how will it become salty again? It's good for nothing except to be thrown away and trampled under people's feet. You are the light of the world. A city on top of a hill can't be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they put it on top of a lampstand, and it shines on all who are in the house (Matthew 5:13-15, Common English Bible).

Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart (Psalm 119:34).

Midday Psalm 119:97-104

Evening
Psalms 102, 103

No comments: