It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Daily prayer, Sunday, January 16, 2011

Invitatory Psalm 24
Lift up your heads, O gates!
and be lifted up, O ancient doors!
that the King of glory may come in.


Psalms 52, 53, 54, 56

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Corinthians 1:1-9

Lectio Divina:
To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, together with all those who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours: Grace to you and peace from God our Gather and the Lord Jesus Christ ((1 Corinthians 1:2-3).

I have not hidden your saving help within my heart, I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation
(Psalm 40:10).

Evening
Psalms 78, 79, 83, 86

No comments: