It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily prayer, Thursday, January 13, 2011

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his mighty firmament!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his surpassing greatness!
....
Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!

Psalms 39, 40

Daily Reading, Isaiah 49:1-7

Lectio Divina:
The Lord says, "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the survivors of Israel; I will give you as a light to the nations that my salvation may reach to the end on the earth" (Isaiah 49:6).

He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord (Psalm 49.6).

Midday Psalm 119:65-72

Evening Psalm 69

No comments: