It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Daily Prayer, Sunday, January 30, 2011

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 24
The earth is the Lord's and all that is in it,
the world, and those who live in it;
for he has founded it on the seas,
and established it on the rivers.

Psalms 147, 148, 149

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Corinthians 1:25-31

Lectio Divina:
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, so that no one might boast in the presence of God (1 Corinthians 1:27-29

O Lord, my heart is not lifted up, my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.... O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time on and forever (Psalm 131:1,3).

Evening
Psalms 144, 145

No comments: