It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Daily prayer -- Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Morning
Arise, shine for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.

Invitatory
O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands and call on your name. Psalm 63

Psalms 9, 10

Reading: Isaiah 60:1-6

Lectio Divina:
For darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you (Isaiah 60:2)

May he defend the cause of the poor of the people, give deliverance to the needy, and crush the oppressor (Psalm 72:4).

Prayer for the Epiphany of the Lord
Everlasting God, the radiance of faithful souls,
you brought the nations to your light
and kings to the brightness of your rising.
Fill the world with your glory, and show yourself to all the nations;
through him who is the true light and the bright and morning star,
even Jesus Christ your Son our Lord. Amen (UMBOW 297)

Midday: Psalm 119:25-48

Evening
Psalm 134
Psalms 11,14,15,16

No comments: