It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Daily Prayer, Sunday, January 23, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 24
Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord?
And who shall stand in his holy place?
Those who have clean hands and pure hearts,
who do not lift up their souls to what is false,
and do not swear deceitfully.
They will receive blessing from the Lord,
and vindication from the God of their salvation.

Psalms 90, 92, 93

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Corinthians 1:17-18

Lectio Divina
For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18).
Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me! (Psalm 27:7)

Evening
Psalms 108, 109

No comments: