It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, April 29, 2011

Morning

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful.
And kindle in them the fire of your love.
Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
And you will renew the face of the earth. UMBOW390.

Invitatory Psalm 118

Psalms 23, 25

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 16

Lectio Divina
I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me (Psalm 16:7).

I keep the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved (Psalm 16:8).

Prayer for Today:
O God, we turn to you for refuge. You have protected us and provided for us. Open our ears to hear your wisdom. Guide us in our daily paths. Keep us mindful of what you have already given us and what we have to share. Amen.


Midday Psalm 119:33-40

Evening
Psalms 30, 31

No comments: