It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daily Prayer, Thursday, April 7, 2011

Morning
God of all consolation and compassion,
your Son comforted the grieving sisters, Martha and Mary;
your breath alone brings life
to dry bones and weary souls.
Pour out your Spirit upon us,
that we may face despair and death
with the hope of resurrection
and faith in the One
who called Lazarus forth from the grave. Amen.

(from RCL Prayers, Fortress Press, 86).

Invitatory Psalm 150

Psalms 39, 40

Daily Lectionary Reading, Ezekiel 37;1-10

Lectio Divina
I looked, and there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered the; but there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, mortal, and say to the breath: Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breat, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live." (Ezekiel 37:8-9)

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope (Psalm 130:5)

Prayer for today:
O Lord, in times of despair, open our ears to your words. Bring us together. Inspire us with your Spirit. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119: 68-77



Evening
Psalm 69

No comments: