It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Morning

You have heard my voice and my supplications. I will call on you as long as I live.

Invitatory Psalm 84
How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts!
My soul longs, indeed it faints for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.
....
O Lord of hosts, happy is everyone who trusts in you.


Psalms 9, 10

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 20:24-28

Lectio Divina
So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in his side, I will not believe" (John 20:25).

I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you" (Psalm 16:2).

Prayer for Today:
O Lord, you have sent many witnesses to tell us of your presence and your works. Yet, we often have harbored doubt. But, our doubt does not bind you. You continue to come to us and to offer us peace. You show us the path of life and forgive our difficulty in seeing that path and the one who is showing it to us. Forgive us. Sustain us. Amen.
Midday Psalm 119:9-16

Evening
Psalms 11, 14, 15, 16

No comments: