It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Daily Prayer, Saturday, April 2, 2011

Morning

Come let us walk in the light of the Lord, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths (Isaiah 2:5, 3c; UMBOW 326).

Invitatory Psalm 67

Read and reflect on Psalms 26, 27, 29

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 23

Lectio Divina

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul. He leads me in right paths for his name's sake (Psalm 23:1-3).

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff--they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows (Psalm 23:4-5).

Prayer for today:
O holy and merciful God
we confess that we have not always taken upon ourselves the yoke of obedience,
nor been willing to seek and to do your perfect will.
We have not loved you
with all our heart and and and soul and strength,
neither have we loved our neighbors as ourselves.
You have called to us in the need of our sisters and brothers,
and we have passed unheeding on our way.
In the pride of our hearts, and our unwillingness to repent,
we have turned away from the cross of Christ.
....
(from UMBOW 476)

Remind us now that you are our shepherd. Lead us back to the right paths.

Evening
Psalms 35:1-3, 9-28; 38

No comments: