It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Daily Prayer, Thursday, April 28, 2011

Morning

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.

Invitatory Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
We praise you in your sanctuary;
we praise you in your mighty firmament!
We praise you for your mighty deeds;
we praise you according to your surpassing greatness!
....
Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!

Read and reflect on Psalms 19, 20, 21

Daily Lectionary Reading, Acts 2:14a, 27-32

Lectio Divina
For David says concerning him, "I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand so that I will not be shaken; therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; moreover my flesh will live in hope" (Acts 2:25-26).

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot (Psalm 16:5).

Prayer for Today:
O Lord, as we read the scripture today, help us to see its impact on us today. King David recognized you, was protected by you, was joyful because of the protection, and told others. Help us to tell our story. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:25-32

Evening
Psalms 22, 28

No comments: