It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Morning
If any want to become my followers,
let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
For those who want to save their life will lose it,
and those who lose their life
for my sake and for the sake of the gospel, will save it
(UMBOW 343).

Invitatory Psalm 84

Psalms 97, 98, 99, 101

Daily Lectionary Reading
Isaiah 49:1-7; Psalm 71:1-14; 1 Corinthians 1:18-31; John 12:20-36

Lectio Divina
Those who love their life lose it, and those who hate their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there will my servant be also. (John 20:25-26a)

For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18).


Prayer for Today:
Holy and compassionate God, your dear Son went not up to joy before he suffered pain, and entered not into glory before he was crucified. Mercifully grant that we, walking in the way of the cross, may find it the way of life and peace; through Jesu Christ your Son, our Savior. Amen. UMBOW 347.

Midday Psalm 119:137-152

Evening
Psalms 115, 116, 117

No comments: