It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Morning Prayer, Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Morning
Almighty God, you sent your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ,
to suffer death on the cross.
Grant that we may share in his obedience to your will
and in the glorious victory of his resurrection;
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
One God, now and ever. Amen.
(UMH 281)

Invitatory Psalm 100

Psalms 71, 72

Daily Lectionary Reading, Matthew 26:47-75

Lectio Divina
Then Peter remembered what Jesus had said: "Before the cock crows, you will deny me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly (Matthew 26:75).

I am the scorn of all my adversaries, a horror to my neighbors, an object of dread to my acquaintances; those who see me in the street flee from me. I have passed out of mind like one who is dead; I have become like a broken vessel (Psalm 31:11-12).

Prayer for Today:
Merciful God,
your strength and courage pour forth
to sustain the witness of your faithful people.
Awaken in us the humility to serve
wherever creation is broken and in need,
that we may follow in the way of our brother, Jesus,
die as he did to all that separates us from you,
and with him be raised to new life. Amen.

(from RCL Prayers, Fortress Press.)

Midday Psalm 119:105-112

Evening
Psalm 104

No comments: