It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 100

Holy God,
who calls your people to sustain the weary
and protect the oppressed.
Uphold us in our concern
and strengthen us,
that we may not only speak our prayers
but also act on behalf of their fulfillment....Amen.

(from RCL Prayers, Fortress Press).

Psalms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124

Daily Lectionary Reading, Isaiah 50:4-9; Psalm 70; Hebrews 12:1-3; John 13:21-32

Lectio Divina
The Lord God has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word. Morning by morning he wakens--wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught (Isaiah 50:4).

But I am poor and needy; hasten to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay! (Psalm 70:5)

Prayer for Wednesday of Holy Week
Troubled God,
in every generation
you call your people to contend
against the brutality of sin and betrayal.
Keep us steadfast even in our fear and uncertainty,
that we may follow
where Jesus has led the way. Amen.

(RCL Prayers, Fortress Press).
Midday Psalm 119:153-160

Evening
Psalm 130

No comments: