It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, April 25, 2011

Morning
You show me the path of life (Psalm 16:11a).

Gracious God, in those times that I shutter myself in from fear, open me to your reassurance. Awaken me to your constant presence. Give me courage. Awaken in me the joy that I can receive if I will recognize you. Amen.

Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
O Lord, let us come into your presence with thanksgiving;
let us make a joyful noise to you with songs of praise!
....

Psalms 1, 2, 3, 5

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 20:19-23

Lectio Divina
When it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and the doors of the house where the disciples had met were locked for fear...(John 20:19a).

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge (Psalm 16:1).

Intercessory prayer for the first week of the Easter season:
O God, our light, our beauty, our rest:
in the resurrection of your Son you have brought us into your new creation.
Form us into your people, and order our lives in you;
through Christ our Lord. Amen. Alleluia. (UMBOW 399).

Midday Psalm 119:1-8

Evening

I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me (Psalm 16:7).
Psalms 6, 7, 8

No comments: