It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Daily Prayer, Thursday, April 14, 2011

Morning
Almighty God, you sent your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ,
to suffer death on the cross.
Grant that we may share in his obedience to your will
and in the glorious victory of his resurrection;
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
One God, now and ever. Amen.
(UMH 281)

Invitatory Psalm 150

Psalm 73

Daily Lectionary Reading, Matthew 27:1-37

Lectio Divina
So when Pilate saw that he could do nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took some water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; se to it yourselves" (Matthew 27:24).

For I hear the whispering of many--terror all around!--as they scheme together against me, as they plot to take my life. But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." (Psalm 31:14)

Prayer for Today:
O merciful God, in compassion for your sinful children you sent your Son Jesus Christ to be the Savior of the world. Grant us grace to feel and to lament our share of the evil that made it necessary for him to suffer and to die for our salvation. Help us by self-denial, prayer, and meditation to prepare our hearts for deeper penitence and a better life. And give us a true longing to be free from sin, through the deliverance won by Jesus Christ our Redeemer. Amen. (UMBOW 336)

Midday Psalm 119:113-120

Evening
Psalm 105

No comments: