It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, May 13, 2011

Morning
You are with us as we walk through this day. Keep us mindful of your presence and your guidance.

Invitatory Psalm 118
You, O Lord, are my strength and my power;
You are my salvation.
....
Open to me the gates of righteousness,
that I may enter through them and give thanks to you.
....

Psalms 76, 80

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 23

Lectio Divina
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (Psalm 23:1).

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long (Psalm 23:6).

Prayer for Today:
Holy Shepherd, you know your sheep by name and lead us safely through the valleys of death. Guide us by your voice, that we may walk in certainty and security to the joyous feast prepared in your house, where we celebrate with you forever. Amen. (RCL Prayers, Fortress Press).

Midday Psalm 119:121-128

Evening
Psalm 106

No comments: