It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Morning
Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.

Invitatory Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into God's presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, who made us, is God,
We are the Lord's;
we are the people of God,
the sheep of God's pasture.
....



Psalms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 14:8-14

Lectio Divina
Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will greater works than these, because I am going to the Father (John 14:12).

Take me out of the net that is hidden for me, for you are my refuge (Psalm 31:4).

Prayer for Today:

We bring to you our prayers for this world in need of resurrection Especially we pray for nations and peoples in strife, for the poor and impoverished, at home and abroad, for those we know in particular circumstances of distress, for the diseased and the dying, for all who follow the risen Christ, through the same Jesus Chfrist our Lord. Amen. (excerpted from UMBOW 395)
O Lord, save us today both from fear and from lethargy. Inspire us to do the work that you have shown us must be done. Amen.


Midday Psalm 119:153-160

Evening
Psalm 130

No comments: