It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Morning
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.

Invitatory Psalm 84

Psalm 36

Daily Lectionary Reading, Luke 24:28-31

Lectio Divina
When he was at the table with them, he took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them (Luke 24:30).
Then I called on the name of the Lord: "O Lord, I pray, save my life!" (Psalm 16:4).

Prayer for Today:
Open our eyes so that we may see you in the breaking of bread, so that we may we see you in our neighbors, and so that we may see you in the events that are happening around us each day. Amen. (from Prayers of the People, Richard Einerson.

Midday Psalm 119:49-56

Evening
Psalms 11, 14, 15, 16

No comments: