It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Daily Prayer, Sunday, May 22, 2011

Morning
Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.

Invitatory Psalm 24
Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord?
And who shall stand in your holy place?
....
Lift up your heads, O gates!
and be lifted up, O ancient doors!
....

Psalms 147, 148, 149

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Peter 2:7-10

Lectio Divina
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).

Let your face shine upon your servant; save me in your steadfast love (Psalm 31:16)
.

Prayer for Today:
O Lord, we remember the good you have done for us. Instill in us the ability and will to tell others what you have done. We have not always responded to your gifts as we should. Yet, you have restored us. Now, strengthen us to be the kind of people that will demonstrate Christ to the world. Amen.
Evening
Psalms 144, 145

No comments: