It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Morning
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff--they comfort me.

Invitatory Psalm 84

Psalms 65, 66, 70

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 10:7-10

Lectio Divina
I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and destroy. I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly (John 10:9-10).

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (Psalm 23:1).

Prayer for Today:
Everyday we are confronted with choices, with demands, people wanting things from us, people wanting us to do what they think we should be doing. O Lord, help us in the sorting out of your voice from the clamor of all the voices shouting at us and whispering to us. Keep us mindful of the true shepherd. Open our ears to listen to you. Amen.


Midday Psalm 119:97-104

Evening
Psalms 55, 59, 60

No comments: