It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, May 2, 2011

Morning
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.

Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into God's presence with thanksgiving;
let us make a joyful noise with songs of praise!

Psalm 34

Daily Lectionary Reading, Luke 24:13-24

Lectio Divina
Some of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said; but they did not see him (Luke 24:24).

I love the Lord, because he has heard my voice and my supplications. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live. The snares of death encompassed me; the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me; I suffered distress and anguish (Psalm 16:1-3).

Prayer for Today
O Lord, how many times have you been right there with us and we didn't even recognize you? Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:41-48

Evening
Psalms 46, 48, 49

No comments: