It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Daily Prayer, Saturday, May 14, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 67
O God, be gracious to us and bless us
and make your face to shine upon us,
that your way may be known upon earth,
your saving power among all nations.
Let the peoples praise you, O God;
let all the peoples praise you!
Let the nations be glad and sing for joy,
for you judge the peoples with equity
and guide the nations upon earth.
....

Psalms 81, 82, 85

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Peter 2:19-21

Lectio Divina:
If you endure when you do right and suffer for it, you have God's approval(1 Peter 2:20).

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with my head with oil; my cup overflows (Psalm 23:5).

Prayer for Today:
We have your example of how to live a life, how to serve others, how to speak out in the presence of detractors and enemies. Give us the courage today to endure what comes to us unjustly when we stand up for what is right. Amen.

Evening
Psalm 107

No comments: