It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Daily Prayer, Thursday, April 19, 2011

Morning
Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.

Invitatory Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
We praise you in your sanctuary;
We praise you in your mighty firmament!
We praise you for your might deeds
We praise you according to your surpassing greatness!

Psalms 125, 126, 127, 128, 129

Daily Lectionary Reading, Acts 7:55-60

Lectio Divina
Then he knelt down and cried out in a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them" (Acts 7:60).

Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God (Psalm 31:5).

Prayer for Today:
O Lord, remind me that you love me and welcome into your presence. And when I face terrible difficulty, teach me forgiveness. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:161-168

Evening
Psalms 135, 126

No comments: