It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Daily Prayer, Saturday, May 21, 2011

Morning
Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.

Invitatory Psalm 67
O God, be gracious to us and bless us and make your face to shine upon us,
that your way may be known upon earth, your saving power among all nations.
Let the peoples praise you, O God;
let all the peoples praise you!
....

Psalms 141, 146

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Peter 2:7-10

Lectio Divina
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).

You are indeed my rock and my fortress; for your name's sake lead me and guide me (Psalm 31:3)

Prayer for Today:
The world does not understand what you want. And sometimes we who call ourselves the church don't understand either. Or, we understand, but we find your ways hard to follow. Keep us mindful that living in your light really is better than huddling in the dark somewhere else. Remind us that you are with us, that we are your people, and that the world does need to know more about you and to see more examples of what you want the world to be like. Thank you for the mercy you have shown us in the times we have failed, and thank you for continuing to support and yes, for continuing to prod us. Amen.

Evening
Psalms 140, 142, 143

No comments: