It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Daily Prayer, Saturday, May 7, 2011

Morning

What shall I return to the Lord for all the bounty to me?

Invitatory Psalm 67

Psalms 50, 51

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Peter 1:17-21

Lectio Divina
Through him you have come to trust in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are set on God (1 Peter 1:21).

I will pay my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the Lord, in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the Lord! (Psalm 116:18-19)

Prayer for Today:
Open our eyes to see you clearly. Strengthen our wills to follow your will. Instill in us the ability and will to love, to love one another deeply from the heart. Amen.

Evening
Psalms 75, 77

No comments: