It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday
Morning
Blessed be God,
you have not rejected my prayer
or removed your steadfast love from me.

Invitatory Psalm 118
O Lord, we give thanks to to you, for you are good;
your steadfast love endures forever!
….
Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
With the Lord on my side I do not fear.
What can mortals do to me?
….
Open to me the gates of righteousness,
that I may enter through them
and give thanks to the Lord.
....


Psalms 23, 25

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 66:8-20

Lectio Divina
You brought us into the net; you laid burdens on our backs; you let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; yet you have brought us out to a spacious place (Psalm 66:11-12).

But truly God has listened; he has given heed to the words of my prayer (Psalm 66:19).

Prayer for today:
At times we have difficulties--some because of our own mistakes but not always. At times we are in despair because of our sufferings or our losses or even because we don't always get our way in everything. We pause now to turn to you. We give you thanks for the times you have rescued us, restored us, reassured us, the times you have listened to our prayers. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:33-40

Evening
Psalms 30, 31

No comments: