It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Daily Prayer, Sunday, May 29, 2011

Morning
Blessed be God,
you have not rejected my prayer
or removed your steadfast love from me.

Invitatory Psalm 24
The earth is the Lord's and all that is in it,
the world, and those who live in it.
....


Psalms 32, 33

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Peter 3:17-22

Lectio Divina
For it is better to suffer for doing good, if suffering should be God's will, than to suffer for doing evil (1 Peter 3:17).

I will come into your house with burnt offerings; I will pay you my vows, those that my lips uttered and my mouth promised when I was in trouble (Psalm 66:13-14).

Today's Prayer:
In the peace of the risen Christ, let us pray to the Lord:
that our risen Savior may grant us victory over all our enemies, seen and unseen ...;
....
that he may fill us with the joy of his holy and life-giving resurrection ...;
that he may provide through us for those who lack food, work, and shelter ...;
that by his love, wars and famine may cease through all the earth ...;
....
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(excerpted from UMBOW 397).


Evening
Psalms 44, 45

No comments: